21 September 2014

Petticoats and Bloomers



It's 5.25 pm here in Ireland on Sunday 21st September and I've had to wear sunglasses and put sun screen on as it's so warm and sunshiney out there.  I kid you not.  It's positiveley balmy!!

It's all very strange as the kids are back to school and I'm making Christmassy makes for my shop and normally I'd be curling up on the sofa with the fire on and some crochet in my hand but I'm sitting here in my summer clothes and flip flops.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, it's just all a little confusing.  Nice but confusing.

The best thing is that I'm still getting to hang my clothes on the line.  Alas my washing machine is a little under the weather so today it was a hand wash.  Ironically it's my petticoats and bloomers (yes I said bloomers) that are on the line.  My mum is always telling me I was born in the wrong era as I LOVE hand washing and all that sort of stuff.   If I could go back in time it would be to Downton Abbey times.  Not sure if I'd be upstairs or downstairs though??  Which leads me on to tonight - it's the first episode in series 5 of Downton Abbey.  Are you a fan?  I can't wait.  I've been planning my whole evening all week.  God forbid if anyone calls to the house.  I'll just have the curtains pulled and the sound down low because I won't be answering the door, the phone, emails etc etc

If you are watching enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin