30 September 2014

September Sunshine


We have had the most amazing September Sunshine here in Ireland.

I only took these photos a few days ago of my sunflowers.


Check out that blue sky!!

Amazing!


Hard to believe that this was taken in September in Ireland!  See .. it's not always raining here as some would believe.


As you can tell I got a bit carried away. Between the glorious sunshine, the blue skies and my gargantuan sunflowers, which I've grown very fond of.


I planted approximately 100 sunflower seeds earlier in the year but these are the only ones that survived my pesky slugs!!

I transplanted them from their pots to here, which is just outside my kitchen window.  Not ideal as it's very exposed and they needed strong stakes but worth it as they are just lovely to look out at everyday.  Little bursts of sunshine looking in at me.  


While I was out with my camera I took a few more of the garden. 


Hard to believe that we are in Autumn and that winter is on the way.


I will miss hanging my washing on the line ... one of my favourite things of summer.





I will also miss all the flowers I have sewn from seed this year.



  and the scent of my sweet peas.


However.  I do love Autumn.  For me it's like a mini New Year.  I am always bursting with ideas and enthusiasm ... possibly a little to do with the fact that Christmas is nearly here.  Those of you that follow my blog will know that I am a HUGE Christmas fan.

Do you like Autumn?  What is it you love about Autumn?
I have another post already written about this and will wait to share later in the week.

In the meantime enjoy the last day of September!

Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Thank you so much for your comment ♥ The fact that you have gone out of your way to leave a comment totally makes my day ♥ Have a truly fabulous day! Michelle x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin